One of the most FAQ I am asked by you lovely ladies and by my local clients is about white jeans.
So here are my white denim tips and tricks:
1. I can honestly tell you that white denim/white pants are a staple in my clients’ wardrobe. Yes, everyone can wear them regardless size and body type.
2. A great pair of jeans is hard to find and it is even more difficult to find white jeans.
Stick with the silhouette that works for your body type.
3. Try them on at a variety of stores. Don’t give up because you don’t have luck with the first pair or even the 10th pair.
3. When you have found that gorgeous pair, check to see if the front or back pocket liners show through the fabric.
If the answer is yes ( it frequently is ;)) take them to a tailor and have the pockets sewn shut and the lining cut out.
4. How many months of the year can you wear your white denim?
It depends upon where you live! FYI: even the Emily Post etiquette book has updated this rule!
My basic rule for this question…
If it is warm and sunny you can wear your white denim. If it is cold and wet out, you should hang up those white pants.
Rainy days aren’t the best for white denim.
- If the denim gets wet it will become see through.
- It will likely get stained while you are walking on the wet ground.
Sunny and warm – yes
Cool and/or wet- no
Here, in San Diego, I wear my white denim from March/April (depending on the weather) through October/November.
To get some white denim outfit inspiration check out these outfit posts!!